Friday, February 20, 2009

Minty Chocolaty Cupcakes










These cupcakes KILLED at a vegan gathering several months ago. By far one of my all-time favorite recipes. I went a little over board on the mint, James said it was too much when he tasted the batter, thankfully some of the minty flavor was lost when I baked these.

When it comes to mixing flavors it doesn't get much better than mint and chocolate (my words). These cupcakes are really easy too, just take your basic chocolate cupcake recipe (vegan or not) and substitute most of the vanilla extract ( I usually add about 1/4 teaspoon) with about 2- 2 1/2 teaspoons of mint extract.

I like topping these with a pure chocolate ganache;

1/4 cup soy milk
2-3 tablespoons of agave nectar
4-6 oz of chocolate chips

heat soy milk over low heat, when the milk is nearly boiling add agave nectar and remove from heat. Slowly add in the chocolate chips until thick and creamy.

For a little extra gay factor I added a few mint leaves to each cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment