Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lemon Lavender Cupcakes










These were my first attempt at blending lavender with another flavor and I have to say it wasn't a huge success. These cupcakes were awesome, the lemon covered up the lavender which is I'm OK with since it didn't ruin the cupcakes. Next time I'll leave the lavender out of the cake and top the cupcakes with a lavender glaze. The people over at eHow have this to say about baking with lavender;

Lavender is a plant with edible flowers. The dried buds are infused into teas that many people use for medicinal purposes. Lavender can also be used in baking to impart a delicate floral flavor and color to various confections.
I'm going to try and make a chocolate lavender cupcake for James, he insists that it was his favorite cupcake at a local shop until he developed a dairy allergy.

I used the same butter cream frosting for the Lemon Lavender as I used for the Tangerine Zest, and it rocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment